Sunday, March 4, 2012

St. Patty's Day Crafts!



So I've become obsessed with pinterest, as has everyone else, and I thought I'd start trying out some of the crafts I'd pinned.


First- I wanted to do something for St. Patrick's Day. I love everything about it, the green, the luck, the ugly little leprechauns and it's the day before my birthday.

I decided to make two pots of gold.

To start: These are my supplies- couple of glass vases, some paint, east
er grass, fake flowers, and st. patty's day little decor stuff from michael's. All told- it was about $15 dollars worth of stuff.

Step 1 was to spray paint the vases black.

Step 2 was to paint the inside rim of the vases with some gold paint- my cat Eli wanted to help at this point- he loves crafts.
Step 3 was to assemble! I printed out some cute irish sayings that looked like little signs telling you what was in the pot and some clovers with more cute irish stuff. I glued them onto scrapbook paper to make them more sturdy and then attached them to wooden skewers. The result- cute signs to put in your pot of gold!

Then I put easter grass in the bottom of the vases to give the stuff a base, and arranged the flowers/signs and any other cute stuff I had.

Last step was to put gold coins around the rim of the pot because it is a pot of gold after all!

Finished products:


And... Eli's ready for more crafts!

No comments:

Post a Comment